Thursday, March 20, 2008

Working Hard for the Money

The first shutdown is finally over. Two long months of 12 hour days, constant shift switching, and several lost weekends. It took most of the first week to get use to working graveyards (6pm-6am) and by the time I was finally getting into the routine I was back on days =) ... But it was a great experience. I was able to see and learn about parts of my plant that are usually sealed up with toxic gas and acid flowing through them.
I am looking forward to my first long weekend of the year and getting to see Tim as he comes down to spend the Easter weekend. I'm also excited because I think Tim has been here enough where we won't have to do the tourist gig and we can just hang out. Play some wow, Smash Bros with the Hindu...maybe and just chill at home. For those who might be worried about how I will survive four whole days away from work, don't be the next shutdown starts this coming Wednesday and lasts for another three weeks =)